Sunday, March 11, 2012

NEW obligatory intro post!

Okay, so the "sweetheart" is now out of the picture and a Disney blog is not the place to go into breakup drama and bull-hockey, don't you agree? Right? Right. Moving on!

Well, I'm 24 now, as I'm sure some of you are aware. So, instead of it being a year in Disney movies... Let's be honest here - as a full-time college student, particularly a MUSIC student and a VOCAL student at that, I did not have the time to be watching a movie a week. Every hour-plus spent watching a Disney movie is an hour-plus not spent in a practice room. Which is baaaaaaaad.

So, in case you've gotten this far and not figured it out, I am a rampaging Disney fan with a few life issues. But we're going to talk about the former and leave the latter out of it, except on special occasions. This is one of them: I failed Music Theory I my first time taking it - that was last semester. Since Georgia Southern University (Go Eagles!) does things a bit retardedly (no offense!), I can't take it again until this coming Fall Semester. This is the music-college equivalent of being held back in first grade.

But I'm not going to worry about that right now. Gotta keep it positive! POSITIVE! And part of keeping positive is re-vamping this blog. (As previous visitors have noticed, the old posts have been wiped clean because I don't want to look at them.) Instead of one year, with a Disney movie a week, I'll be keeping y'all (Yes, I'm still Southern, so I use "y'all") informed of my collegiate goings-on. To keep in the Disney life theme, I'll be posting nostalgia at semi-regular intervals.

So to recap - whenever I have the time, I'll watch a Disney movie. I'll be going in chronological order, from Snow White on forward. After watching this Disney movie, I shall post a nostalgic review. I'll tell you at what age I first saw the movie, my favorite song, how I saw it then, how I see it now... You know, stuff like that. Maybe I'll stick some stuff in that you could have just as easily found on Wikipedia, but I like trivia, so sue me! Every so often, I might throw in a Mickey Mouse cartoon. And I won't be sticking JUST with the animated flicks - Mary Poppins is just too good!

Oh, and here's one more thing - this is STILL a countdown blog. Since I am no longer going to Walt Disney World this summer, I've got it planned as a graduation trip. That way, it'll be bigger, better, and guess what? I plan on taking my best friend/sister and mom with me! We're even thinking of making it a package deal - one of those X-number of days on land, X-days at sea Disney Cruise thingies! Over the next four years, the films of the Walt Disney Studios will keep me going.

Wish me luck!

~ Marigold

No comments:

Post a Comment